Summer 2020 Policies
- Singles play only until further notice.
- Play is limited to ages 16 and older. Club members younger than 16 can play if accompanied by a family member that is older than 16.
- No guests.
- Tennis balls and racquets will not be available for members to borrow. Please provide your own equipment and take all items when you leave the court.
- Disinfect hands before going to the court and after play at sanitizing stations (the club is gathering as much sanitizer as possible, but it’s a good idea to bring your own as well)
- Clean and wipe down your equipment. No sharing is allowed.
- Bring water bottles as water fountains and coolers will not be available. Use new balls and grips if possible.
- Arrive as close as possible to time of play, and maintain social distancing while waiting to play.
- Avoid touching gates, fences, etc. if possible. Ball machines, baskets or used balls will not be available for use until further notice.
- Please disinfect grooming equipment after use.
- No use of the pool deck, Grigg’s Yard or outdoor terrace deck.
- Locker rooms are not available at this time.
- Try to stay 6 feet apart
- Avoid incidental contact
- Avoid touching your face after handling balls, racquets and other equipment
- Please do not share food, drinks or towels
- Stay on your side of the court. Avoid changing ends of the court. If you choose to change sides of the court, please change on opposite sides of the court.
- Stay apart from other players when taking a break
- Use your racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent or other courts.
- Use four or six balls
- Open 2 cans of tennis balls that do not share numbers
- Player 1 gets one set of numbers and Player 2 gets another
- Players should pick up their numbered ball only
- All players should leave the court immediately
- Respect social distancing as you exit the courts and the Club
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands after coming off the court
- No congregating on University Club grounds after playing
Do NOT Play
- If you or your partner are exhibiting symptoms of the Coronavirus: mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough and difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by the CDC.
- If you have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
Reserving the Tennis Court
Members may reserve the court for up to 60 minutes (singles).
Members may only reserve the court once per day.
Members may reserve the court the day of, but court openings may not be guaranteed.
Members must sign-in upon arrival
If the member does not arrive within 15 minutes of reserved court time, the court will be given to any members that may be on the wait list.